Hair-loss? Lost volume? Hair thinning and greasy? Each of these symptoms may actually be the result of poor scalp care. Today I’ll be sharing with you, how to avoid and remove build-up by using ingredients that you probably have lying around in the kitchen.
Clarifying Scalp Treatment
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 1-2 tablespoon of cold-pressed coconut oil (for the ends of your hair)
- The best place to do this treatment is in the shower. Because the process can get too messy.
- Take a bowl and mix apple cider vinegar with baking soda. Make sure to use non-metal utensils.
- Start by coating your hair shafts with coconut oil, then apply your scalp with the apple cider vinegar and baking soda mixture.
- Leave this treatment on as it works quickly; leave it for just 3 minutes!
- Then, clean the cuticle with cold water to seal it. Your scalp will be clarified at the roots and scalp with refreshed strands.
(You would want to use it ONLY on the scalp because baking soda is a stripping agent.)
- On the rest of the hair shaft, resist using the remaining of the baking soda and apple cider vinegar mixture. Instead, use 1 -2 tablespoons of coconut oil and cover the ends of your hair.
The most common reason for hair fall is dandruff, itchy scalp, and irritated. Therefore, maintain good cleanliness on the scalp for beautiful and healthy hair is very important.
Amazing water hair softeners include Baking Soda and ACV. Hence, this treatment of the scalp and hair is the most effective treatment to get rid of build-up and internally and externally regulate the PH levels.
Rejuvenating Scalp Treatment
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice or Orange Juice
- This coconut oil mask is full of healthy proteins and essential fats, both of which boost hair growth.
- Combine 4 tablespoons of coconut oil with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of grapefruit juice.
- Massage the scalp treatment into your scalp.
- To allow your body heat to help with deeper penetration, wear a shower cap.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse the treatment off with shampoo.
This is one such scalp treatment that has not only the natural conditioning properties of coconut oil but also adds the balancing citrus effects of lemon and grapefruit/orange juice;
your scalp will be given a fresh and clean scalp, stimulated and refreshed for new hair growth. Lemon juice is also known to restore the natural PH balance in your scalp, but we often overlook the scalp area as it is covered by our lovely hair.
- There is no need to soak the ends of your hair in the treatments.
- Simply try to concentrate on your scalp.
- You will also notice that using too much oil would be difficult to wash out right away.
- Make sure to be consistent and use each treatment once a week to once a month!