In today’s post, we are sharing a super DIY scrub, which is a magical blend of ingredients that allows you to give your skin a radiant and beautiful look. It helps to lighten the skin, eliminate dead skin cells, and protect the skin from problems such as tanning, dark skin, etc. To prepare this,
- 1 tablespoon of Black Lentil (Black Urad Dal)
- 1 tablespoon of Green Lentil (Green Moong Dal)
- ½ tablespoon of White Sandalwood Powder
- ½ tablespoon of Red Sandalwood Powder
- 1/4th teaspoon of Wild Turmeric
- 7-10 strands of Saffron
- Pure Rose Water
- In a grinder, put the Black Lentil and the Green Lentil and grind until a fine powder is formed.
- In this mixture to add the red and white sandalwood powder, saffron strands, and turmeric.
- With the help of Rose Water, create a fine paste, and leave the scrub for 10-15 minutes so that all the ingredients can mix well with each other.
- Apply the scrub to your full body for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the scrub is dry, wet your skin with some lukewarm water, then start rubbing in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Finally, wash using normal water, skip using any soap other than this.
- Then apply your favorite body moisturizer.
Benefits of Used Ingredients:
1. Black Lentil: Not only is it healthy for our wellbeing, but it can also do wonders for our skin as well.
It helps make our skin fair and perfect in a natural way.
It contains properties that are anti-inflammatory and anti-aging.
2. Green Lentil: Other significant components of the Ayurvedic scrub recipe are green gram flour.
They are rich in rejuvenating vitamins that provide the skin with a natural glow, such as vitamins A, B, and C.
They often act as an efficient skin-lightening agent to expose a healthy complexion and minimize skin pigmentation.
It also functions as an excellent cleanser, in addition to this amazing quality, and gently removes the excess oil from our skin.
It has anti-aging effects, too.
3. Red Sandalwood Powder, also known as Raktha Chandan, helps achieve skin that is perfect and radiant.
It helps to treat different issues related to the skin, such as infection, acne, pimples, blemishes, pigmentation, sunburn, tanning, etc.
Its daily use leads to the reduction of aging symptoms.
4. White Sandalwood Powder is an antibiotic ingredient that releases viruses and bacteria from our skin.
It helps to remove the wounds and softens and hydrates the skin.
Sandalwood has natural astringent properties that tighten the pores to make the skin look super smooth and radiant in a natural way.
It also has a relaxing fragrance that relaxes the senses.
If you have body acne, then sandalwood’s antibacterial and anti-fungal properties will help you minimize and avoid acne.
5. Turmeric has the properties of natural skin lightening.
It helps to keep our skin smooth and radiant.
It is also helpful in reducing stretch marks and calming the burning process.
Its use contributes to enhancing the skin’s texture and condition.
Turmeric is an antiseptic that helps with clearing out skin pigmentation and evens out the complexion.
6. Rose Water: The antibacterial properties found in rose water, helps to fight against acne and eczema on the skin. It helps to keep your skin smooth and moist throughout the day.
Rosewater is extremely beneficial in rejuvenating your skin and giving it a natural glow.
7. Saffron also has anti-inflammatory properties that help minimize skin inflammation, rash, and swelling.
These little dried strands have a strong effect when it comes to skin benefits and is rightly included in skincare routines.
Young-looking, hydrated, and glowing skin are some of the benefits of using this spice.