Other than preparing a hot coffee, you can also use coffee powders for brightening your skin tone.
A coffee facial can help your face to appear fresh and healthy with an instant glow on it.
In this article, we are going to share how to do a coffee facial at home.
Step #1. Cleansing
To prepare this cleanser, you will need
- 1/2 cup of brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup of liquid castile soap
- Take a clean pump bottle and add both the ingredients into it.
- Close the bottle and shake it well for a couple of times.
- Pump a few drops of this cleanser and apply it all over your face.
- Massage your face for 2 to 3 minutes and rinse with running cold water and pat it dry.
This cleanser helps in removing all the clogged pores, dirt, dust and other impurities on your face.
Coffee can also offer freshness to your skin and make your face appear bright and energized.
Step #2. Scrubbing
To prepare this scrub, you will need
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of coffee grounds
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon powder and
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Take a clean mixing bowl and add all the ingredients into it.
- Whisk all the ingredients well and your coffee scrub is ready.
- Take a tad bit of this paste and apply it all over your face.
- Gently scrub your face with this paste for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your face with running cold water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
Coffee scrub can effectively remove all the dead skin cells on your face.
This scrub can remove all the excess oil on your skin and prevent your skin from acne and dark spots.
Step #3. Face Mask
To prepare this face mask, you will need
- 1 tbsp of coffee powder
- 1 tbsp of plain yogurt and
- one pinch of turmeric powder
- Add all the ingredients into a clean mixing bowl.
- Blend the ingredients well until you get a fine paste.
- Take a small amount of this paste and slather it all over your face.
- Gently massage your face for 4 to 5 minutes and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with running cold water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
Coffee helps in boosting up the collagen production in your skin and prevents your skin from the signs of aging.
This mask can improve the blood circulation in your face and make your skin stay healthy.
Step #4. Toning And Moisturizing
- You can just simply brew a cup of coffee and allow it to cool for some time.
- Soak a cotton ball in the coffee and dab it all over your face.
- Finish the facial by applying a small amount of any regular moisturizer and you’re all set.
The omega-3 fatty acids present in the coffee can hydrate your skin and prevent it from moisture loss.
This toner also tightens your pores and make your face appear with an even skin tone.