You can use popular things found right in your own kitchen or garden to make your own skincare treatments.
Home remedies really can be as or more powerful than those you can buy in a market, and making them yourself can save time as well some cash, and the best part you can customize things as per your skin concern.
It’s important to check and experiment with different recipes to find the best regimen for you.
1st Step Cleanser:
- Start by cleaning the face with raw manuka honey in the morning, it works!
Because you removed makeup, dirt, etc during the night before you go to bed, all you need is a smooth, gentle cleanser to get your skin ready for the day.
Raw Manuka honey is the purest form of honey which is unprocessed and unpasteurized, and all the valuable nutrients and vitamins and all the goodness are kept intact.
This honey contains the most superior antibacterial and healing properties and is also very nourishing and moisturizing.
Raw Manuka honey is a little thicker in consistency than usual honey that we get in supermarkets, so it’s better if you just wet your face before going in with this cleanser.
- Massage the cleanser in dry skin (or moist when using honey) for 1-2 minutes.
- Wet the washcloth with hot water and put the cloth over your nose, allowing the steam to open your pores for about a minute.
- Gently brush your skin to avoid any residual cleansers or debris.
- 1⁄2 cup of distilled water
- 1/2 cup of aloe vera
This hydrating toner is super light, making it perfect for sensitive skin.
All rose water and aloe vera have anti-inflammatory properties that minimize redness and swelling.
These are also filled with antioxidants to brighten the skin and battle free radicals that cause premature aging.
Aloe Vera is a wonderful ingredient for sensitive skin.
The cooling properties of the plant lead to calming redness, inflammation, rash, and itchiness.
Acemannan compounds in Aloe Vera, which contain anti-fungal properties, aid in the treatment of inflammatory skin problems such as cysts and heat in summer.
No wonder this is a must-have product for the treatment of the skin during the summers.
Since Aloe Vera contains mainly (95%) of water, it moisturizes the skin with no greasy after application.
Aloe Vera also serves as an adhesive, which allows the top layer of the skin cells to bind together, which eventually results in smoother and softer skin.
Rosewater has many benefits for the skin and is widely considered to be harmless.
A pre-feasibility study on rose water suggests that rose oil and rose water have an astringent effect on blood capillaries closer to the surface of the skin.
Applying rose water helps to minimize redness caused by swollen capillaries
Rosewater is considered extremely calming and refreshing for the skin, helps preserve the pH balance of the skin, and slows down aging.
3rd Step is Moisturization
Revitalizing Hibiscus Moisturizer
You Will Need
- 2 tablespoons hibiscus tea
- 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- Grind the hibiscus tea with the powder.
- In a double boiler, heat the coconut oil.
- Apply the hibiscus tea powder to the oil and cover for a bit.
- Using cheesecloth to filter the oil and to extract the tea from the oil.
- Let the oil cool down until it solidifies.
- Whip it in a blender for about a minute or two.
- Move the pinkish cream to a glass jar and apply it to your face.
Hibiscus pulp is also used for wound healing and relaxing of the skin. It includes anthocyanins and antioxidants that improve the health of the skin. Coconut oil has a relaxing and soothing effect on your skin and keeps it moisturized.
These also have an anti-inflammatory effect and can help soothe inflamed skin, making Hibiscus ideal for those prone to very sensitive skin.
Coconut oil cab is effective in the treatment of acne-prone skin as it has a high amount of skin-soothing linoleic acid that is lacking in the skin of people with acne. This also contains lauric acid, which is thought to be antimicrobial, which can lower the levels of acne-causing bacteria on the skin and minimize inflammation.
Honey And Carrot Pack
- 2/3 cooked carrots,
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey
- Make a smooth paste of cooked carrots and honey in a bowl and start applying the mixture to your face.
- Before applying the kit, clean your face.
- Leave the pack for 10-15 minutes.
- If the mixture starts to dry, wash off with clear water and pat dry your face with a clean towel.
This natural face pack gives an immediate glow to your skin and is very good for sensitive skin.
Beta-carotene and carotenoids in carrots can again shield the skin from UVA rays and even eliminate suntan.
Vitamin C, found abundantly in carrots, stimulates the development of collagen, and smoothes out wrinkles.
Vitamin A flushes excess oil in carrots and keeps the skin healthy and free of toxins.
Potassium-rich carrots cut out the dryness of the skin by penetrating the layers of our flesh.
This mask profoundly moisturizes the skin and makes it shine.
When applied to the skin, honey improves the circulation, which promotes a normal, safe glow.
Honey is a moisturizing agent that helps the skin absorb and maintain moisture that prevents it from drying out.
Honey is filled with natural antioxidants and antimicrobial properties that help preserve, repair, and prevent skin harm.
Honey is also very soothing to the skin.
As an anti-irritant, honey-containing products are helpful to sensitive skin.