Haircare has long focused on two natural ingredients in Ayurveda: shikakai and Amla.
It strengthens your hair, detoxifies your skin, reduces hair loss, and makes everything shiny and super-perfect.
- 2 tablespoons amla powder
- 1 tablespoon shikakai powder
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek powder (methi)
- Juice of one lemon
- Enough yogurt to make a paste
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for dry hair
- In a bowl, soak the Amla and shikakai powders together in lukewarm water to make a thick hair mask; let it stay like this overnight
- In the morning, add plain yogurt and let it sit for an hour
- Finally, add all the other ingredients.
- Apply this hair mask all over your hair and scalp; wash off after an hour.
- Vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, along with several essential phytonutrients, are filled with Shikakai, which literally translates to’ hair fruit.’
- These nourish the follicles, increase the development of hair, and improve hair quality from root to tip.
- It also contains a very low pH, which helps to remove dandruff and dryness, with any use making hair glossier.
- The high content of Amla’s vitamin C and essential fatty acids help to reduce hair loss, reinforce the strands, and add luster.
- Plus, in treating dandruff and other scalp issues, it also contains antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that go a long way.
- Yogurt contains protein and zinc, which are ideal for resetting and stabilizing the ecosystem of the scalp and keeping it healthy and free of dandruff, boils, or itchiness.
- This is vital to keep the follicles running at high potential, which is important for strong strands and optimal growth in turn.
- Yogurt also contains lactic acid, along with heavy doses of natural conditioners that make it a potent benefactor of damaged hair to promote circulation.
- Lemon is yet another natural hair conditioner that prevents hair loss, removes dandruff, and strengthens hair.
- While eliminating product buildup on the strands at the same time, leaving them smooth and supple.
- This ancient spice includes proteins, nicotinic acid, and vast quantities of lecithin, practically restoring hair follicles.
- Right from the root, this makes hair stronger, while the resulting natural tonics hydrate the hair, giving back luster and bounce.
- For various hair issues, coconut oil has been an age-old remedy, be it hair loss, dry scalp, or thinning of hair.
- Thanks to the existence of antibacterial, antimicrobial, and emollient properties, it is known to condition and enhance the overall health of your hair.
- Although for most hair issues, it may be a one-stop remedy, it is claimed to be the most effective in preventing hair loss.
- There are many causes for hair loss; some of them are stress, drugs, dietary imbalance, rapid weight loss, and hormonal problems.
- Coconut oil has the ability to protect and further help your hair grow stronger and healthier from falling.
- The fact that coconut oil is so readily accessible to us provides us with another excuse to repair our hair using this wonder oil.