Our skin has the potential to absorb a lot of healthy vitamins.
One of the main vitamins that our skin absorbs is vitamin D, which it absorbs from sunlight.
The same way our skin can also absorb vitamins from facial creams and moisturizers, including retinoids, which contain a lot of vitamin A.
Retinoids can be the way to a healthier, more youthful skin.
- 1 tablespoon organic rosehip seed oil
- 10 drops organic carrot seed oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon shea butter
- ¼ teaspoon of green tea extract
- 8-10 drops of lavender essential oil
- An airtight container
- In a measuring cup, pour rosehip oil and carrot seed oil.
- Place a shallow pan on the stove and about 2 cups of water in it and heat the water, we want to create a double boiler.
- Place the measuring cup that contains rosehip and carrot seed oil in the pan, acting as a double boiler.
- In the measuring cup, add the almond oil.
- Then add the shea butter and the green tea extract to the mixture.
- Add the lavender and mix well.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down. Once refrigerated, place in a glass container.
- Using a dark glass container will help it last longer, or you can store it in a refrigerator.
- Apply a small amount to the skin at night before bedtime.
- Make sure that it is applied to clean, dry skin.
Retinol facial cream has several uses, such as reducing the fine lines and wrinkles, helping to keep the skin firmer,
maintaining the elasticity of the skin, slowing down the breakdown of collagen that helps keep the skin firm,
and lightening the brown spots caused by exposure to sunlight and age. Retinoids can accelerate the cell turnover of the skin. This process helps discolored skin to be and even-toned smooth.
- The carrot seed oil has a high level of antioxidants and a high level of natural retinol.
- Rosehip oil is great because it has a high vitamin C content and provides anti-aging benefits such as protection from age spots.
- Almond oil is effective because it acts as a moisturizer and does not clog pores.
- Shea butter adds creaminess to the mixture while providing amazing skin healing benefits.
- Green tea is referred to as anti-aging tea.
Green tea extract benefits the skin in much the same way because of the many polyphenols it contains.
It is best to start applying retinoid or retinol-based products every third day.
Since retinoids can cause some initial irritation, it helps to allow the skin to get used to it before daily use.
It helps to use it at night because it can cause skin sensitivity while in the sun.
In any case, you’ll need to wear a natural sunscreen anywhere you can apply retinol cream.