There are plenty of ways you can use rice for skin that is dull, lifeless, acne-prone, or dehydrated.
But this DIY face gel is the best, yet incredibly simple to make, with only a few ingredients.
Our skin faces a lot of harsh chemicals, pollution, sun exposure, etc.
And sometimes our skin needs a little rest. A little bit of organic, natural care.
Plenty of hydration, vitamins, and antioxidants.
And in your own home, you can make a product that can cover all of that.
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel
- 4-5 tablespoons of rice water
- 5 to 10 drops lavender essential oil (you can take a little less if your skin is sensitive)
- Any carrier oil of your choice some of the options are : For very dry skin, you can take 1 tablespoon of any natural oil like jojoba, olive, sweet almond, etc.
- Matcha green tea powder (If you have acne or uneven complexion, add 1⁄2 – 1 teaspoon of matcha powder to further enhance the benefits of rice water to your skin.)
In less than 5 minutes, you can make this face gel.
- All you need to do is add aloe vera gel, lavender essential oil jojoba oil, and matcha green tea powder to the rice water.
- Stir thoroughly until all is dissolved.
- You can pour your gel into a bottle of the dropper or any other bottle of glass.
- Take a small amount and apply it to your clean face.
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Keep the serum in the refrigerator. It should be OK to use for 7 to 10 days if kept in the refrigerator.
Rice contains nutrients and antioxidants, such as vitamins B1, C, and E, ferulic acid, allantoin all of which are very important for healthy skin and a glowing complexion. Rice water brightens the skin, tightens the enlarged pores and fades acne marks, aging spots, suntan, and other skin imperfections. It lightens and evens your complexion and adds a “milky” glow to your skin. You can also use rice water to rehydrate the skin, to make it plump and supple and to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. It makes the skin incredibly soft and smooth, too. You can use it on your own, or you can make this amazing DIY face toner.
Aloe vera is known as the Super Plant because of its wonderful healing properties. the aloe vera gel helps to deep moisturize, it has vital vitamins A, B, C and E, salicylic acid, and a multitude of enzymes, minerals, and amino acids. Aloe vera helps to moisturize the skin and makes it plump, soft, supple, and radiant. It brightens the complexion and removes skin imperfections, including small scars. Apart from that it also has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties. You can use aloe vera gel to treat any skin issue like acne, acne scars, skin dehydration, and even sunburn and small wounds. It is also a wonderful anti-aging natural ingredient that protects the skin from free radical damage, it prevents wrinkles and fine lines, and improves the texture and elasticity of your skin.
Lavender essential oil is widely used as an aromatherapy oil that soothes our senses and helps our body to calm and relax.
But applied topically, it also has a lot of benefits for your skin. It nourishes your skin and has an anti-aging effect.
Lavender oil has antibacterial properties that help to control acne and prevent future breakouts.
It also releases pores and has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
If you want, you can replace lavender oil with some other essential oil that is suitable for your type of skin.
For example, if you have acne and acne scars, vitamin E oil, you can use tea tree oil to prevent premature aging, etc.
Irrespective of the oil you choose, it is very important to patch it before you apply it.
Matcha is also an excellent ingredient for the skin. Matcha is anti-bacterial and contains incredibly high levels of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which helps to reduce inflammation and tone of the skin. Antioxidants are also known to reduce acne and increase skin elasticity.