The word “Detox” has been in a rage for quite some time now. Be it a detox from toxic lifestyle habits, or detox from toxic people. However, what mostly goes ignored is the skin. Just like your body, your skin requires a detox too. You apply chemical-filled makeup on it every single day. And who can forget the attack of pollution and dirt that the environment throws at it? You must treat your skin right in order to tolerate these abuses done to it.
In today’s article, we will be sharing with you some quick remedies to detox your skin.
Remedy #1 Dry Brushing
Yes, you heard me right.
While dry brushing might sound painful, it isn’t.
- Using a brush with softer bristles and brushing your entire body with it can cause the blood to rush faster and better.
- This causes a purification of blood and faster skin repair.
- It also causes the skin to release toxins for cleaner and detoxed skin.
- All you have to do after waking up is brush your body in circular motions. Begin by doing it from your feet, all the way up to your face.
Remedy #2. Detox Bath
A detox bath after dry brushing works wonders for the skin.
Detox bath helps in removing the toxins from the pores and washing it away.
It helps in relaxing every muscle of your body whilst improving the blood circulation.
Drawing a detox bath is super easy.
- All you have to do is mix 1 cup of salt and 1/2 cup olive oil with some warm water.
- Take a bath using this water and you are good to go.
Remedy #3. Green Tea over Everything
We all are well aware of the wonders that green tea holds.
Its antioxidant can help repair every single damage of the human body.
Replacing your soft drinks and alcohol with green tea will help in detoxifying your body and with that, your skin.
It also contains metabolism increasing properties which can help you in keeping your fat under check.
- Just boil 1 cup of water and steep 1 green tea bag in it.
- Add a little sweetener and drink up!
You can practically replace all your drinks with green tea for healthier skin.
Remedy #4. Stay Clear of packaged juice
- While juice tends to bring a natural glow onto the skin, packed juice does quite the opposite.
- This might seem an easier way to consume juice because it is economical and you can store it for months but it isn’t the best option.
- Drinking packaged juice add an unnecessary amount of fat and carbs in your body which disturbs the hormones. This leads to excess oil secretion due to a disturbance in the sebaceous gland.
- While it might seem like a task, opt for drinking freshly pressed juices to make the most out of its nutrients.
- You can consume citric juice to bring an inner glow.
Remedy #5. Add Probiotics to Your Diet
- Filling up on probiotics work wonders for the skin.
- And which ingredient to trust more when it comes to probiotics if not yoghurt.
- Yoghurt contains anti-bacterial properties which not only kills the bacteria that causes skin damage but also bring an inner glow.
- Eating a cup of yoghurt will help in keeping acne-causing bacteria away. Its lactic acid will provide the skin with moisture and also brightness.