Gram flour is used to lighten and brighten the skin as a scrub and a homemade beauty treatment.
As part of their wedding-day rituals, brides have traditionally been subjected to a sesame oil massage accompanied by a body scrub made of gram flour, rice flour, almonds, milk, and turmeric.
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- 2 cucumber slices with the skin on
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of one orange
- Blend all ingredients into a thick and creamy mask.
- Apply the mixture to your clean face and let it dry for about 5–10 minutes before washing off with normal water.
- Be careful not to get it in and very close to your eyes and nose as the citric acid can irritate your eyes.
- In an interesting combination of cucumber, potato, and citrus juices, gram flour is used in this recipe!
Lemon and cucumber juices are natural astringents known to lighten facial skin.
Cucumber is particularly useful for removing your skin’s dark patches.
- Orange peel
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- Fresh Milk cream
- This mask is prepared by mixing all the ingredients, & applied to the face and neck and left on until it dries.
- For smooth and fairer skin, rinse the mask off with lukewarm water.
You can also make this mask with only orange rind and milk if you do not have a gram of flour.
To make a smooth and uniform paste and apply this to the face and neck, just add a little raw milk to the ground orange peels.
- 1 tablespoon of gram flour
- 1 tablespoon of fresh milk cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey
- A few drops of fresh lemon juice
- To form a paste, blend all the ingredients together and spread it evenly over your face.
- The mask will naturally dry, and after about 20 minutes, you can wash it off with lukewarm water.
- For 3 to 4 weeks, try this face mask every day and then maybe once a week after that.
- After you wash it off, you should add a bit of moisturizer or sunblock.
Gram flour and milk cream are used in this smooth, creamy face mask.
As it helps to keep the skin moisturize and keep the skin supremely hydrated, it is ideal for people with naturally dry skin.
Also, as it can cause discomfort in sensitive areas because of lemon, you should make sure to keep it away from your eyes.
You can substitute olive oil if you don’t have any cream with milk.
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 2 tablespoons of fresh milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Mix the ingredients well and add them to the face and neck until you have a fine paste.
- Until washing off with lukewarm water, keep the paste on for 20–30 minutes.
Turmeric can destroy the enzymes that are responsible for producing melanin in skin cells.
It is also an anti-oxidant and helps protect against environmental toxins in your skin.
This face mask does a wonderful job of minimizing acne marks and even removing them.
For acne-prone skin, adding turmeric to this gram flour face mask is good and can help to lighten any acne scars.
To remove dark spots created by the light, it can also be spread all over the body and will leave the skin looking clearer.