You may have read quite a lot about tea tree oil.
Numerous people swear by its ability to treat acne, and that’s because it does!
This naturally derived ingredient is so nice that it has already become popular with various skincare brands, producing and advertising products with it as a star ingredient.
The claims are completely true; tea tree oil is a miracle essential oil for the treatment of acne, and it is often said to help with oily skin.
This is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and anti-bacterial, thus providing relief from itching, redness, and aiding wound healing; all of which are important for helping acne to go away.
1. DIY Facial Oil
Any carrier oil of your choice such as jojoba oil, almond oil, etc.
You can make your facial oil and use it as a moisturizer directly on your skin.
To do so, dilute the oil of the tea tree with the carrier oil that suits your skin type.
Consider carrier oils such as argan oil or rosehip oil if the skin is dry or if there are signs of aging; grapeseed oil is ideal for mixed skin types, and jojoba oil may be used for oily skin.
- Mix 16 drops of tea tree oil with 10 ml of carrier oil and use it as a moisturizer every day.
- Just massage the oil on your clean face, let the oil get absorbed into your skin.
2. DIY Moisturizer
- Your favorite moisturizer
- and tea tree oil
If you already have a nice moisturizer that works with your skin type, but you need some extra help to treat the acne, add some tea tree oil with it.
Tea tree oil will immediately transform your daily moisturizer into a vicious acne fighter.
- Take a pea-sized amount of your moisturizer on top of your palm and apply a drop of tea tree oil to it.
- Mix it with a finger and add it to your forehead.
3. DIY Toner
- Rose Water
- Tea tree essential oil
Toning is an important move for oily acne-prone skin and thus, whatever toner you use makes a difference.
Your skin will easily respond badly to any tough product and who wants to make such a minor mistake by selecting the wrong toner and suffering the worst effects, which is problematic acne.
Use a natural tea tree oil toner.
- To make your tea tree oil-infused toner, add 25 ml of rose water to the bottle and mix in 10 drops of the liquid tea tree.
- You may also add five drops of lavender essential oil.
- Before each use, shake the bottle containing the ingredients.
- After washing your face, apply it with a cotton ball. You can also use the Tee Tree Oil Toner
4. DIY Tea Tree Aloe Gel
- Fresh Aloe vera gel
- Tea tree oil
Aloe Vera is a well-known skin remedy.
When your skincare items continue to dry your skin, you can use aloe vera and tea tree oil together to treat your acne.
- Only strip the fresh aloe vera gel from the aloe vera leaf and apply a few drops of tea tree oil to it.
- To apply, simply rub a tiny amount on clean skin at night before bedtime.
- Once you dip into the tub, make sure your hands are clean. In the morning, shower with warm water.
5. DIY Clay Mask for Oily Skin
- Tea tree oil
- Clay/Multani mitti
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with a 1tablespoon of Multani mitti and enough rose water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin layer on your face and let dry.
- Wash off with cold water, then follow up with your regular skincare routine.
- Use it twice a week.
The antiseptic properties of tea tree oil can contribute to its ability to combat oily skin.
The best part of Multani mitti is its effective absorption of oil.
Multani mitti is a porous clay and a rich source of natural minerals such as zinc, silica, oxides, iron, and magnesium.
This has no adverse effects on the skin.
This is a strong absorbent that removes excess grease, dirt, sweat, and impurities from the pores of the skin.
So when you do so, it doesn’t dry the skin so holds the moisture intact.
This enhances the color of the skin and helps to lighten blemishes and dark spots.
It tightens the skin and retains its natural elegance and brightness.