We all know that in ancient times people simply used natural plant dyes such as henna and indigo to dye their hair. In this post, we are sharing 3 easy DIYs using henna to hide your grey hair while conditioning them.
HENNA AND HIBISCUS HAIR PACK
- Hibiscus Leaves
- Henna Leaves/ Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Grind a handful of fresh leaves of the hibiscus plant and henna leaves together to get a uniform and smooth mask.
- You can also add a few drops of water to it if you find it difficult to make the hair mask.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the paste.
- Apply this to your hair and leave for approximately 20 minutes.
This pack helps to control dandruff and to protect the health of the scalp.
Studies have shown that hibiscus can support the growth of hair.
Henna Hair Dye
- Heena Powder
- Coffee Water/Tea Water
- Lemon Juice
- Soak the Henna Powder in an iron skillet in Tea Water or Coffee Water overnight (approx 100 gms of henna for short hair, 200 gms for shoulder-length hair, 300 gms for long hair).
(Adding coffee makes henna’s red color more visible.)
- If you wish, add a little bit of lemon juice. For added conditioning, add yogurt or egg.
- Apply the paste to clean, product-free hair for 2 hours the next day, depending on the desired color.
- Rinse with water well and repeat as many times as you like intuitively. Do not shampoo it.
- Wash your hair with the next day’s cleansing shampoo.
With Ayurvedic ingredients like hibiscus for hair, you can choose shampoos.
Natural and herbal shampoos made from hibiscus cleanse the hair without removing the scalp from its natural oils, unlike other shampoos.
Henna itself is an outstanding ingredient for enhancing hair production and strength.
But you can use it in addition to other ingredients for extra nourishment and additional advantages.
HENNA AND BANANA HAIR PACK
- By adding an appropriate amount of water, make a thick paste out of henna powder.
- For more than 8 hours, let this paste stay.
- Now in a bowl, mash a ripe banana and transfer the soaked henna paste to it.
- Apply the paste to damp/wet hair and leave on for 5 minutes or so.
- This pack can be used once a week.
The pack of bananas and henna eliminates the split ends and conditions your hair.
This kit helps make your hair more manageable and shiny.
Benefits Of Using Henna:
1. Henna Maintains Scalp Health
Henna impacts the scalp with a cooling effect.
Henna’s antifungal and antimicrobial properties help to preserve the protection of the scalp by battling against various scalp problems such as dandruff, scalp itchiness, etc.
This helps to eliminate hair impurities, which also helps to avoid dandruff.
2. Henna Balances PH levels and Oil production
Henna not only allows you to keep problems such as dandruff at bay, but it is also an excellent ingredient for managing your scalp’s pH and oil production.
It helps to extract excess oils from your hair, unclog follicles and restore the sebaceous glands to function normally.
3. Henna Boosts Hair Growth
The improved health of the scalp, balanced pH levels, and unclogged pores described above help to avoid hair falling and encourage healthy hair growth.
Henna not only helps grow your hair faster but also enhances your hair’s texture.
4. Henna Strengthens And Repairs Hair
Henna’s nutrients help restore hair damage while nourishing your hair as well.
It helps to seal the cuticles of the scalp, resulting in more lustrous hair locks.
Indeed this helps to improve hair elasticity.
5. Henna Conditions Hair
Henna helps to create a protective layer around each of your hair shafts, keeping the hair conditioned and holding in the moisture.
When we use it with other hydrating ingredients, it can be very helpful.
Henna tends to reduce such problems as split ends and hair breakage.