The cracked heels are a normal problem of the foot. While it occurs in both adults and children, it tends to be serious among women. With most people, cracked heels are just a matter of concern, but if they are deep, they can be very painful. These cracks can often lead to bleeding. So here are some effective DIY remedies to get rid of cracked heels.
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine
- 2 teaspoons of rosewater
- Warm water
- Pumice stone/foot scrubber
Rosewater contains antioxidants to protect cells from damage.
This also has an anti-inflammatory effect that can help to relieve dry and irritated skin.
Glycerine is an effective moisturizing agent that helps your skin maintain its natural moisture content.
These properties can help to hydrate cracked heels.
- Add raw salt, one tablespoon of glycerine, and one teaspoon of rosewater to a tub lined with hot water.
- Soak the legs in this mixture for about 15-20 minutes.
- Scrub your feet and the sides of your feet with a pumice stone or a foot scrubber.
- Combine one teaspoon of glycerine and one teaspoon of rosewater and add it to your cracked feet.
- Because this is going to be a sticky mixture, you should wear a pair of socks and leave them overnight.
- Wash in the morning with lukewarm water. Do this for a couple of days.
- 1 tablespoon of Vaseline
- pumice stone
- Lukewarm Water
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 15-20 minutes.
- Using a tool to clean any rough or dry skin. Pat dry.
- Apply a heavy moisturizer to the affected area.
- Apply Vaseline to seal in moisture over it.
- Put on some woolen socks. Hold them up overnight and wash your feet in the morning.
- Do this daily before you go to bed.
Petroleum jelly helps add moisture to dry, damaged feet.
This reduces the loss of water from the outer layer.
It makes the skin smooth and moisturized.
Woolen socks help contain the body’s heat and improve the strength of the mixture.
- Aloe vera gel
- Lukewarm water
- A pair of socks
- Soak your feet in warm water for a few minutes.
- Pat dry and apply aloe vera gel to your feet.
- Wear the socks and leave the gel on your feet overnight.
- Repeat for 4-5 days every night.
Aloe vera nourishes dry, dead skin.
It cures the ridges and cracks created by increasing the production of collagen.
The amino acids present help soften the skin.
- 4-5 drops of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- A pair of socks
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 4-5 drops of sesame oil.
- Apply oil concoction to your heels and to any other cracked parts.
- Massage well until the skin is absorbed.
- Do this every day before you go to bed.
- wear socks and go to bed.
- Take shower as usual in the morning.
- Do this for a couple of days.
Sesame oil has hydrating, moisturizing, and skin-repairing properties.
This helps soften and soothe dry and cracked feet.
Coconut oil hydrates the dry skin and helps to remove dead skin cells.
This can penetrate and nourish the deeper layers of the skin.