Rather than spending your buck in buying the shampoo, it is best to use herbal shampoos by preparing them at your homes.
These herbal shampoos have a lot of beneficial qualities and can make your hair to be strong, smooth and thick.
In this article, we are going to see some homemade herbal shampoo recipes to get long, thick and bouncy hair.
#1. Coconut Milk Shampoo
To prepare the coconut milk shampoo, you will need
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tsp of vegetable glycerin
- ⅔ cup of any unscented liquid Castile soap
- 15-20 drops of any essential oil of your choice and
- 1 tsp of Jojoba oil
- Take a clean mason jar and add all the ingredients except the essential oil into it.
- Stir the ingredients well using a spoon for a couple of times.
- Add the essential oil of your choice into the shampoo mix kept in the mason jar.
- Close the jar using its lid and shake the jar well for a couple of times and your shampoo is ready
- Take a few drops of this shampoo and start applying it all over your wet hair and scalp.
- Massage your scalp with this shampoo using your fingertips for 5 minutes.
- Leave the shampoo to be there on your hair for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your hair well with plain water and pat dry with a clean towel.
This shampoo will nourish your scalp and hair with all the essential nutrients required for growth.
Your hair follicles become strong and support the healthy growth of your hair.
Coconut milk helps in preventing your hair from all the dryness, split ends and brittle hair problems.
#2. Soap Nut And Amla Shampoo
To prepare this shampoo, you will need
- 1 pot of water
- A handful of soap nuts
- A handful of dried amla
- A handful of shikakai and
- A handful of fenugreek seeds
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients into it.
- Allow the herbal ingredients to remain soaked inside the water overnight.
- Boil the herbal ingredients soaked water by the next morning.
- Wait until the water level gets reduced to half and remove it from the heat.
- Use a strainer and filter the extract separately in a bowl and discard the residues.
- Wet your hair well and apply a few drops of this extract all over your hair and scalp.
- Use your fingertips and gently massage your scalp and hair for 5 minutes with the shampoo.
- Allow the shampoo on your hair for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash your hair normally with running water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Continue using this shampoo whenever you prefer for washing your hair and scalp.
This shampoo will not foam like the other regular shampoo, but it is very effective in cleansing your hair strands and scalp region very well.
It also helps in maintaining a balanced pH in your scalp region thereby preventing all hair growth problems.
#3. Dried Herbs Infused Shampoo
- 2 Tbsp of any dried herbs like rosemary, sage, hibiscus, lavender flowers
- 1/8 cup of liquid Castile soap
- 1 cup of hot water and
- 5 drops of vitamin e oil or jojoba oil
- Take the dried herbs in a large bowl and add the hot boiling water into it.
- Allow the herbs to steep deep inside the water for 1 hour.
- Use a strainer and strain the herbs water in a small bottle by discarding the residues.
- Pour the liquid castile soap solution and vitamin E or jojoba oil into the herbs water.
- Close the bottle with its lid and shake it well for a couple of times.
- Wet your hair and pour a few drops of shampoo directly on your hair and scalp.
- Massage your scalp and hair strands with the shampoo using your fingertips gently for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse off the shampoo from your hair using running cold water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Prefer using this shampoo 1 or 2 times per week to get some impressive results on your hair growth.
The dried herbs help in making your hair root, strands to be strong and healthy.
Your hair will start growing thick and will appear bouncy and long.
The dried herbs prevent your hair from greying by maintaining the natural black color on it.
#4. Rice Water Shampoos
- 1/2 cup of liquid castile soap
- 1/3 cup of organic rice
- 1/2 cup of plain water
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- Take a bowl and add the plain water and organic rice into it.
- Leave the rice to remain soaked inside the water for 2 hours at room temperature.
- During winter days, leave the rice to be soaked for 4 to 5 hours.
- Strain the rice water separately in a bowl when you get a pungent smell from it.
- Add the castile soap and lavender essential oil into the strained rice water.
- Use a spoon and stir the shampoo solution well a couple of times.
- Take a few drops of this shampoo and apply it all over your hair and scalp.
- Massage your scalp gently using your fingertips with the rice water shampoo for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your hair well with running water and pat dry it with a clean towel.
- Repeat using this shampoo once or twice per week regularly to get rid of all the hair growth problems.
Fermented rice water helps in balancing the pH levels in your scalp region.
This shampoo also helps in cleansing your scalp and boosting the hair growth by strengthening the hair follicles.
It can make your hair to be soft, long and thick with a natural shining effect.