The underarm skin is very fragile and sensitive and is therefore easily susceptible to various forms of skin damage, such as pigmentation, embedded hair, deodorant harsh effects, skin infection, etc.
This delicate area of skin can go through a lot and can lead to darkened skin.
Baking Soda And Lemon
- To make a paste, mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- For around 5 minutes, scrub it over your underarms, wash it off using lukewarm water and finish by moisturizing your skin.
- For effective results, follow this process 3 or 4 times a week.
Baking soda is an incredible exfoliator that lightens dark underarms and unclogs the pores.
Lemon is a powerful antiseptic and a natural bleaching agent.
Sugar And Olive Oil
- In a cup, add 2 tablespoons each of the olive oil and the sugar and combine.
- Dampen the armpit area and scrub the mixture for a minute or two, then leave it for another 5 -10 mins and rinse with water.
Sugar serves as an exceptional exfoliating agent, and it can work miracles when combined with hydrating and nourishing olive oil.
Apply Multani Mitti
- Multani Mitti
- Lemon Juice
Ask your mother for the age-old magic product, fuller’s Earth, to lighten your underarms instead of using an expensive skincare product.
- To make a paste, simply blend 2 tablespoons of Multani mitti with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a few drops of water.
- Enable to dry for 10-15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Apply it to your armpits.
This natural clay, if you apply it regularly, will efficiently exfoliate and lighten the dark armpits.
Turmeric For Dark Underarms
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients and spread the paste to the underarms.
- For 10-12 minutes, let it dry and then rinse.
- Repeat twice a week for this.
Turmeric is widely used to lighten and brighten up the skin tone in face masks and even to fade away spots.
Normal application on the underarms would likely make the dark skin lighter.
Milk contains lactic acid that also assists in the whitening process of the underarm.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- To the baking soda, add the vinegar and let the mix bubble.
- Once the bubbles have subsided, apply this mixture to the underarm area and let it dry.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Repeat this thrice a week.
ACV contains mild acids that eliminate the dead skin cells that have accumulated and also lighten the darkened underarm region.
It will also, in addition, serve as a disinfectant and destroy the microbes present.
Use one teaspoon of ACV, one teaspoon of water, and a baking soda mixture if you have sensitive skin.