Dandruff is a very common problem. It occurs either due to over dryness of the scalp or due to excessive oil production on the scalp. It leads to the flaky scalp and itching sensations and this problem increases manifold during winters.
So following are the home remedies to remove dandruff:
- Baking soda: 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda works as a scrub and helps in removing dead skin from the scalp. It also removes excess oil from the scalp.
- Rinse your hair with normal water.
- Now massage the baking soda powder on your scalp using your finger, in a circular motion.
- Let it sit there, for 5 minutes.
- Now, rinse your hair thoroughly with normal water.
- Do this once a day and 3 times a week.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and slit it into 2 halves. Do this with the rest of the aloe vera leaves.
- Now, extract the gel from the leaves using a spoon and collect it in a bowl.
- Using your fingers, massage your scalp with aloe vera gel in a circular motion.
- Do this for 10 minutes in the night, before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, rinse your hair with a mild shampoo and normal water.
- Do this 2 times a week, for a month.
- Neem leaves: 10
- Olive oil: 3 tablespoon
- Crush the neem leaves or grind them in a mixer for a minute.
- Mix the neem leaves and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Apply this paste on your scalp in a circular motion.
- Leave it the same way for 1 hour.
- Then, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. This might make your hair dry, so if you want use conditioner afterwards.
- Do this 3 times a week, for 2 months and your dandruff will be gone.
- Garlic cloves: 2- 3
- Honey: 1- 2 tablespoon
- Crush the garlic cloves and mix them with honey.
- Massage this paste on your scalp in a circular motion.
- Let it sit for half an hour.
- Then, wash your hair with a mild shampoo and normal water.
- Do this twice a week, for 3 months to keep dandruff away.
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil: 4 teaspoon
- Mix the lemon juice and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Massage your scalp with this mixture for 15 minutes. You can apply this on hair from root to tip, as it helps in moisturising the hair.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Do it three times a week, for 2 months to see the positive results.
- Do not leave your hair dirty. Always make sure you wash your hair at least 2 times a week.
- Dandruff is a communicable disease. So, do not share hair combs with anyone, especially when the person is suffering from dandruff.
- Avoid using hot water for hair, always use normal water.
- Do not tie wet hair with a hair tie or rubber band, as it facilitates dandruff and might lead to other hair problems like lice etc.
- While shampooing, make sure you rinse your hair properly with water. Otherwise, leftover shampoo might cause dandruff.