Lemon is a magical ingredient that has long been used in natural beauty treatments, especially for skincare.
The fruit a great source of vitamin C, a strong antioxidant that acts to combat free radicals, noticeable signs of aging and to stimulate the development of collagen.
Collagen is the main structural component of the skin that gives it strength and flexibility.
Moreover, lemon also comes packed with antimicrobial and cleaning properties that can aid you in keeping your skin beautiful.
- Do a patch test first
It’s really quick to do a patch test.
- Clean the inside of your elbow and rub the juice of the lemon on the clean patch.
- Wait for about 24 hours to see how the skin feels.
- If it starts stinging or burning within 24 hours, immediately wash off the juice of the lemon and do not use it on any part of your body.
1. For Acne Marks Treatment
- Take a lemon and split it into two parts, press half of it and add 1/2 teaspoon of rose water and 1/2 teaspoon of glycerine, blend well before using.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator.
- This mixture can be kept for a month.
- Apply this daily before you go to sleep, particularly in winters, as it not only moisturizes your skin but also makes it soft and supple, and gives off its natural flush.
2. For Bright Skin Treatment
- Combine one tsp of curd with half a lime juice and a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Clean your face and add this mask to your face and rub it deep into your skin. Keep it on for another 15 minutes.
- Wipe with a washcloth soaked in warm water.
- Follow up with a cold water splash.
Curd supports in the treatment of blemishes, turmeric battles against the root cause of blemishes, and lemon is a natural bleaching agent.
When they come together, they ensure that the skin is brighter and whiter.
3. Skin Brightening Toner
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Green Tea
- Black Tea
- Boil a cup of water and put both tea bags inside.
- After steeping, cut the tea bags and pour the teas into the cup.
- Use a little spray bottle or a little mason jar to hold it inside.
- The spray bottle is perfect to use when you wash your face for a fast spritz and go!
- After mixing your tea, add 1/4 tsp of lemon juice to the teas and blend well.
- Next, apply 1/4 tsp of apple cider vinegar and close the bottle.
- Give a strong shake; you’ve got a great and simple brighter toner!
- After washing the face every night, pour a little bit on the cotton pad and wipe it over the clean skin. Now the reason we’re only recommending this at night is because of the lemon. It can make your skin feel sensitive to sunlight.
- Wait a few minutes to let it dry and penetrate before adding any moisturizer and massaging to the skin.
- If you do this for three to five nights in a row with this toner, you should see a significant improvement in your skin.
- In case of allergic reactions, first, test a small area of your skin with diluted lemon juice.
- Lemon juice can make your skin more sensitive to the sunlight, so remember to minimize your direct exposure to the sun and always remember to use a wide-spectrum sunscreen.
- Lemon juice will dry your skin, so you can need to add a moisturizer afterward.
- Do not use lemon juice if you have a cut or damage to your skin that may be stung or burned.
- Stop having lemon juice close to your eyes or eyelids as you sting.
- It may take a while to lighten the skin with lemon juice, but it is best to stick to this procedure three to four times a week instead of every day.
- Lemon juice has astringent properties, so it can dry the skin too much if used every day.
- Don’t go out to the light with the lemon juice on your forehead.
Lemon juice makes your skin more susceptible to sunlight and can burn, so you can rinse off any sign of lemon juice before you go outside.
- Lemon juice is effective for lightening the skin and reducing freckles and is also a time-honored remedy for oily skin.