When you battle dry skin, you want the best moisturizers around you.
And you can’t worry about humectants, like glycerine.
Glycerin is a colorless, odorless liquid that comes from plant sources.
It is a humectant, which implies that it has the property of drawing water to itself.
Yeah, well, that’s right. It is a moisturizer that naturally absorbs more moisture.
Glycerin is simply like a sponge that draws the outer layer of the skin into the body.
It can draw moisturizers from the deeper layers of the skin or even the air in the humid environment.
It also helps delay the evaporation of water from your skin to help foil with chronic dryness. In short, it’s a hidden tool for your skin.
- ½ cup of organic rose water
- ¼ cup pure aloe vera gel
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- 2 tbsp beeswax
- 1 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 1 tbsp pure vitamin E oil
- Melt the beeswax and virgin coconut oil using a double boiler with the sweet almond oil.
- You can easily make your own double boiler by placing a pot filled with 2 inches of water on a burner.
- Next, put a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot.
- In a heat-safe container, add the ingredients and switch the stove over medium-low heat.
- When all the ingredients have been melted, switch off the heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- It’s supposed to be warm, not hot anymore.
- Meanwhile, mix the aloe vera gel and rose water in a pot and heat on medium-low on the stove until it’s warm.
- It should be around the same temperature as the beeswax/oil mixture.
- Now pour all ingredients into a bowl and start mixing with an emulsion blender until an emulsion (creamy white mixture) is produced.
- Add the vegetable glycerine and vitamin E oil and continue to blend until all is well mixed.
- It can take 10 minutes to bring it together evenly.
- Finally, add the desired amount of the essential oil of your choosing and blend it again.
- Pour your ready-made lotion into storage containers and allow it to be creamy.
- Store in a cool, dry place and enjoy in 6 months! Keep the lotion free from water and contamination!
- You can use it every day as a regular body lotion.
Since glycerine draws water to itself, using products with a super hydrating moisturizer leaves your skin with an overall moisturizing and smoothing effect.
It can be an effective moisturizer combined with other emollients, or even on its own.
It’s particularly helpful at your hardest rough spots, including calluses.
Glycerin will potentially signal the superficial skin cells to grow faster into softer skin.
Glycerin is also an extremely effective moisturizer.
Ingredients such as glycerin can help maintain hydration and prevent skin irritation.
The use of glycerin will increase the moisture content of the skin.
It absorbs moisture from the air and stores it in your skin to make it look good, smooth, and hydrated.
Glycerin protects the skin from irritants and chemical contaminants. It also helps heal wounds.
Glycerin will slow down the aging process of your skin and keep it healthy and free from wrinkles for longer periods of time.
Glycerin’s moisturizing and moisturizing effects help to soothe dry skin.
Research shows that glycerin-containing creams can treat eczema and atopic dermatitis.
Glycerin, when used with hyaluronic acid, serves as a skin barrier that heals and protects the skin.