Rosewater has to be one of the first skincare product that everyone invested in. And why not? It is economical, comes packed with an abundance of benefits and is also versatile to be used in zillion different ways. However, to date, people have only used it in its virgin form or by mixing it with masks. What people don’t know is how excellent it is when it comes to serums.
In this article, we will be sharing the ultimate recipe for a rosewater serum.
Rose Water Serum
Things you will need to make your rose water serum:
- 1/2 tbsp of vegetable glycerin
- 1 Cup Rosewater
- 1 cup filtered water and
- 10-15 drops of Lavender essential oil
- Take a big serum bottle, add glycerin, rosewater, water and lavender oil in it.
- Close the lid and shake well in order to mix all the ingredients.
- Cleanse your face using a mild cleanser and pat the skin dry.
- Using the dropper, apply the serum onto your face.
- Massage in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes.
- Let it sit overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
- Use this serum twice every day for the best results.
Glycerin helps in hydrating the skin while repairing it.
Rosewater evens the skin while balancing the pH.
Lavender oil improves blood circulation which improves the skin condition by repairing it.
Benefits Of Rosewater For Skin
Control Oil Secretion
- Excess oil can be a pain.
- These tend to clog the pores and cause skin damage like acne.
- Excess oil can also make the skin appear dark and dull.
- Using rosewater helps in absorbing excess oil and leaving the skin looking matte and clear.
- Hydration is the most important when it comes to skin.
- It helps in making the cells healthy, whilst improving the condition of the skin.
- It revitalizes the skin while moisturizing skin.
Soothe Skin Irritation
- Rosewater soothes the skin and works on redness and inflammation.
- This is the perfect ingredient for someone who is going through acne.
- Dipping cotton in the rosewater and applying it on the skin helps in soothing it.
- It contains anti-inflammatory properties which help in soothing the inflammation caused due to pollution, acne and harsh products.
- Rosewater contains antioxidant properties which help in repairing skin damage.
- It also protects the skin from free radical damage.
- Rosewater also has the power to repair the cell damage and fasten the cell regeneration process.
- It is also excellent if you are experiencing pigmentation issues.
- Using rosewater helps in soothing both, the wrinkles and fine lines due to its anti-ageing properties.
Balances the pH
- The skin has its own pH.
- However, there are a lot of things that can affect it.
- The cleanser that you use, to even the makeup.
- All these things together can disturb the pH of the skin.
- Using rosewater helps in balancing the pH whilst evening the skin out.