Rice flour has been known to exfoliate, bleach, brighten and moisturize skin. In fact, many beauty products contain rice which is no big surprise since it makes your skin look and feels smooth and healthy.
Today in this article, we will share how you can do basic facial at home with rice water.
One common ingredients that we are going to use in every step is rice water.
- Soak 3 spoon of rice in 1/4 cup of water for 2 hours. Filter this and your rice water is ready.
Now let’s start with Step#1, that is cleansing
- In a clean bowl mix 1 tsp of rice water and 1 tsp honey.
- Mix and your cleanser is ready.
- With help of clean cotton ball apply this all over your face, leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse it off with plain water.
Now coming to Step#2, that is exfoliation
To make this scrub, you will need
- Organic jaggery powder
- And rice water
- In a clean bowl take 2 spoons of jaggery powder.
- Add little bit of rice water to this until you get smooth paste.
- Apply this paste all over your face, rub gently for 2 minutes.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then remove it with plain water.
Jaggery powder, is rich in glycol acid, that will melt all dead skin cells on your face.
Now coming to last step of this facial, that is Face Pack
To prepare this face pack, you will need
- Rice Water
- Gram Flour, also known as besan
- A pinch of wild turmeric
- & Raw Honey
- In a clean bowl take 2 spoons of gram flour.
- In this add 1 spoon honey and turmeric powder.
- Now add enough rice water until you get paste like consistency and your pack is ready.
- Apply a layer of this pack, evenly all over your face.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with plain water.
- Your facial is done here, apply a layer of moisturiser on your face to keep your new skin cells protected.
For best results, do this facial in night time, as your skin will not be exposed to sun light for few hours.