The pore is the core of the skin. It decides on how the overall skin looks. However, there are tones of factors which causes them to get clogged and enlarged. This invite bacteria and impurities within which can entirely disrupt the condition of your skin. If you are experiencing enlarged pores, you have come to the right place.
In today’s article, we will share a recipe of a homemade toner which will help in shrinking the pores while improving its overall condition.
Things you will need to make your pore shrinking toner are:
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Witch hazel
- 2 Tablespoons of Rubbing alcohol
- 1/2 cup water
- Take a bowl, add lemon juice, witch hazel, rubbing alcohol and water in a spray bottle.
- Close the lid and shake well in order to mix all the ingredients.
- Cleanse your face using a mild cleanser and pat the skin dry.
- Spray this solution onto your face and massage in a circular motion till the skin absorbs it.
- You can finish it by applying a light moisturizer on it.
- Use this toner twice every day for best results.
Lemon contains bleaching properties which helps in lightening the dark spots while fading the pigmentation.
It contains vitamin C which fastens the cell regeneration process that repairs the skin damage from within.
Witch hazel contains astringent properties which shrink the pores and prevent impurities from seeping in.
It also soothes the skin while reducing inflammation and redness.
Now that you have the remedy to make your pore shrinking toner, here are some tips which will contribute to shrinking the pores while improving the overall pore condition.
Tip #1. Cleanse Daily
- The most important tip when it comes to shrinking pores is cleansing the skin.
- Before you dig deep, it is important that you remove the impurities that sit on the surface of your skin.
- Opt for a cleanser which suits your skin type to prevent further skin damage.
Tip #2. Exfoliate Regularly
- Once you are done cleaning the surface of your face, you should dig a little deep and remove impurities from the pores.
- An exfoliator helps in removing the dirt as well as excess oil out.
- Some natural ingredients to prefer when it comes to exfoliation are papaya seeds, apricot or walnut.
Tip #3. Don’t Touch Your Face Often
- Your hands touch a lot of things hence it accumulates a lot of bacteria.
- Touching your face with these bacteria-filled hands will transfer them onto your face and then into your pores.
- Try to use a hand towel or a tissue in order to wipe anything off your face before using your hands.
- If you cannot avoid touching your face, we recommend sanitizing them every time before doing so.
Tip #4. Opt for Clay Mask
- Clay masks are magic ingredients which help in cleansing the impurities of the face.
- It has powers to absorb excess oil which tends to clog the pores and cause acne.
- Using a clay mask helps in shrinking the pores while removing the dirt off it.
Tip #5. Avoid Oil-Based Products
- Oil-based products tend to sit on the skin and clog the pores.
- This is the case even if you have dry skin.
- The oil from your products will mix with your dead skin and clog the pores causing it to enlarge.